vegan strawberry cheesecake
just six simple ingredients and this heavenly pud is yours
- 200g your favourite biscuits
- 150g cashews nuts boiled for 10 minutes in hot water, then drained
- 80ml plant based milk of choice, or vegan cream cheese
- 60ml Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 200g fresh or frozen strawberries, sliced
- 30ml Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- Put the cashews in a pan and cover with water, bring to boil and simmer for 10 mins, or leave to soak in cold water overnight.
- Crush the biscuits and divide between the 4 glass dishes and save 2 tbsp for topping.
- To make the cheese, drain the cashews and put into your blender with the FRUIT SYRUP, plant based milk of choice OR vegan cream cheese and whizz until smooth.
- Pour this over the biscuit base and pop into the fridge.
- To make the jam simply add the strawberries and FRUIT SYRUP to a pan and cook for 8 minutes or until the strawberries are cooked and soft.
- Mash them with a fork then cool for 5 minutes before spooning over the cheesecake.
- Keep in the fridge and top with the crushed biscuits or more fruit before serving.
Thanks for this lovely recipe @vgnbites_