berry crumble bars
deliciously healthy oat bars with a layer of homemade chia jam topped with a caramel crumble
- 150g berries (we used strawberries and cranberries)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Sweet Freedom CARAMEL SYRUP
- 150g oats
- 50g ground almonds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 55g vegan butter, melted
- 60g Sweet Freedom CARAMEL SYRUP
- Start by making the chia jam. In a saucepan over a low heat, mash the berries with a fork, stir in the chia seeds, and CARAMEL SYRUP.
- Remove from the heat and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a tin with parchment paper.
- Stir together the oats, ground almonds, baking powder, melted vegan butter, and CARAMEL SYRUP.
- Stir to a sticky mixture.
- Pour 2/3 of the mix into the lined tin and press down firmly to form an even base layer.
- Top with the chia jam and sprinkle over the remaining oat mixture.
- Press down lightly and bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully before removing from the dish and slicing into 10 squares.