double chocolate cake
if you know a chocolate lover or are one yourself then this cake is the perfect treat
- 150g apple puree
- 240g plant based milk
- 150g Sweet Freedom CHOC SHOT
- 220g wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Sweet Freedom CHOC POT chocolate spread, for icing
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add in the apple puree, milk, and CHOC SHOT. Gently mix until no flour patches remain (but don't overmix!)
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until well risen and a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Ice with CHOC POT.