lemon poppyseed blueberry muffins
zesty and super simple to whip up
- 125g plain flour
- 110g Sweet Freedom LIGHT SYRUP
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 120ml plant based milk
- 1 vegan egg (chia or flax both work)
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- ½ lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Line a muffin baking tray.
- Make a chia egg by mixing 1 tbsp chia seeds with 2 tsp water. Leave to thicken for 5 mins.
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder and poppy seeds.
- In another bowl add in the milk, LIGHT SYRUP, melted butter, vegan egg, lemon juice and zest. Mix until combined. Try not to over mix!
- Stir the dry mixture into the wet and then stir in blueberries (Don't over mix)
- Put equal amounts of the mixture into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Check that a cocktail stick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool before enjoying!
Thanks for this lovely recipe @siyas_mummys_kitchen