healthy... and decadent
- 400ml soya milk
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 350g self raising wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 100ml rapeseed oil
- desired amount - Sweet Freedom CHOC POT
- strawberries and raspberries
- Set aside strawberries, raspberries and a pot of CHOC POT for decorating.
- First mix the soya milk with the cider vinegar.
- Add the vanilla and ground flax seed and set aside.
- In another bowl put the flour, salt cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda and mix well.
- Mix the Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP and rapeseed oil into the milk mixture and then pour into the flour mix and mix well until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between two 20cm round tins lined with baking paper. Bake at 180C for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from tins and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- To assemble level the tops of the cakes if necessary.
- Spread one with Sweet Freedom CHOC POT and cover with raspberries.
- Place the other cake on top, spread the top with CHOC POT and decorate with the remaining fruit.