sticky toffee pudding
looking for a delicious dessert recipe? why not try this scrumptious, vegan sticky toffee pudding!
- 200g dates
- 200ml boiling water
- 120ml plant based milk
- 100g vegan butter
- 200g Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP (all of our delicious flavours work!)
- 250g self raising flour
- 2tsp bicarbonate soda
- 150g Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP (for the sauce)
- 150ml vegan cream (for the sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Soak the dates in the hot water with the bicarbonate soda.
- In a small bowl mix together the milk and vinegar.
- Melt the butter and then mix in the SYRUP, soaked dates and milk mixture.
- Sift in the dry ingredients.
- Gently mix then pour into a greased square baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until well-risen and cooked through.
- Make the sauce by heating the cream and SYRUP together in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- When the cake comes out of the oven, cover the sponge with the sauce.
- Slice and serve!
Thanks @gingervegan for this fab recipe!