vegan chocolate traybake cake
chocolate lovers, rejoice! check out our delicious, easy chocolate traybake cake recipe...
- 100g plant based milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 150g unsweetened apple sauce / apple puree
- 60g melted plant based butter
- 80g Sweet Freedom CHOC SHOT
- 250g self raising flour (plain or wholemeal)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Sweet Freedom CHOC POT Chocolate Spread, for icing
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Line a square 8-inch baking tin.
- In a glass, combine the plant based milk and vinegar. Set aside to thicken (approx 10 mins).
- In a large bowl combine the apple sauce, butter, and CHOC SHOT.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mix until just combined then pour into the tin.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes, or until well risen, a knife comes out clean and golden on top.
- Cool completely before removing it from the tin.
- Once cool, frost with CHOC POT and slice into squares.