time to get cosy and warm up your belly with the classically tasty rhubarb crumble
- 620g rhubarb washed and cut into ½" pieces
- 3 tbsp Sweet Freedom BUTTERSCOTCH SYRUP
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- juice of ½ lemon
- 90g whole wheat flour
- 90g rolled oats
- 50g almond flour
- 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom BUTTERSCOTCH SYRUP
- 100g coconut oil
Preheat oven to 180C.
In a large bowl combine the chopped rhubarb, BUTTERSCOTCH SYRUP, arrowroot powder, and lemon juice, and stir to combine. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats and SYRUP. Work the softened coconut oil into the flour and oat mixture until you have a texture resembling moist sand with larger pea-sized crumbs.
- Pour the rhubarb mixture into a 9" glass pie plate and spoon the crumble over top, evenly distributing it over the rhubarb mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is slightly golden and the juices are bubbling.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before serving.