coconut vanilla cake
quick and easy grab and go breakfast, lunchbox, afterschool... and super easy to whip up
- 300g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 200g desiccated coconut
- 170g Sweet Freedom VANILLA SYRUP
- 220ml coconut milk
- 100g coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line cake tin with parchment paper.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl, then add baking powder, baking soda and desiccated coconut and mix well.
- Add VANILLA SYRUP, coconut milk, melted coconut oil and lemon juice, then stir to make a thick batter ensuring well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer cake onto a cooling rack.
- Equally divine hot or cold