vegan marble banana bread
scrumptious marble banana bread using CHOC SHOT and CARAMEL SYRUP!
- 300 g self rising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 85g nut or seed butter
- 80g plant based milk
- 60g Sweet Freedom CARAMEL SYRUP (all of our delicious flavours work!)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or 2 tbsp lemon juice
for the chocolate batter:
- 3 tbsp Sweet Freedom CHOC SHOT
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Lightly grease a 9-Inch (25x11 cm) loaf pan and line with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl combine the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and mix with a spatula until just combined (add a bit more milk if needed).
- Divide the mixture in half into two separate bowls.
- Add the CHOC SHOT to one half of the batter and stir to combine.
- Now add half of the light batter into the prepared baking pan. Then spoon half of the chocolate batter on top. Repeat this process with the rest of the batter.
- Run a knife or skewer through the batter to create a marbled design.
- Bake it for about 55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Allow to cool for about 30 minutes in the pan.
- Once it has cooled down, slice and enjoy!