this super healthy vanilla vegan custard is perfect poured over your favourite desserts
- 500ml plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp cornflour (use more if you prefer a thicker custard)
- 3 tbsp Sweet Freedom VANILLA SYRUP
- *If you prefer a yellow custard add the tiniest pinch of turmeric (this tiny amount won’t add flavour) or vegan food colouring
- In a jug whisk together the cornstarch and 150ml of the milk until smooth.
- Add the remaining milk to a saucepan with the Sweet Freedom VANILLA SYRUP.
- Stir in the cornstarch and milk mixture and cook over low heat continuously stirring until it thickens but don’t allow to boil.
- Remove from the heat and serve warm or chilled with your favourite pudding.