vegan banana pudding
this better-for-you pudding takes 5 minutes to whip up and all you need is 4 ingredients
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 300ml milk of choice
- 1 tbsp Sweet Freedom LIGHT SYRUP
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/8 tsp turmeric for colour (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter, for a richer taste (optional)
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine banana, LIGHT SYRUP, optional ingredients, and 240ml of the milk.
- Whisk the remaining milk with the cornflour.
- Once the banana mixture is warm, whisk in the cornflour mixture.
- Cook on low heat, whisking occasionally, until thick.
- Turn off heat.
- If not eating right away, you can take it off the heat before it's thick, let it cool, then refrigerate. The pudding will thicken considerably in the fridge.
- Serve hot or cold with some plant-based yoghurt and banana slices.