simple and yummy thumbprint cookies...a healthier alternative to cookies that are ideal to make with the kids
- 150g rice flour (plain also works)
- 100g ground almonds (almond flour)
- 150g vegan butter, softened
- 95g Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 500g frozen strawberries and blueberries
- 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom Fruit Syrup
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- To prepare the jam place the fruit, 2 tablespoons of Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP and lemon juice in a pan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook gently for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chia seeds. If you prefer your jam thicker, stir in more chia seeds.
- Leave to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a couple of baking trays with parchment paper.
- Mix the softened butter and Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- Sift in the flour and ground almonds and mix well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 15 minutes so that the dough firms up.
- Once the dough is a bit firmer, roll walnut-sized balls and place on your baking tray with about 5 cm between each ball.
- Press down in the middle of each ball to create a ‘well’.
- Fill each ‘well’ with about 1/2 a tsp of your now cooled down jam and then bake for 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool and enjoy.
*This recipe works beautifully with any of our other delicious sugar free jam recipes.
Thank you for this lovely recipe @kitseats