gluten free breakfast cereal bars
these delicious gluten free cereal bars are so much healthier than shop bought brands and taste amazing
- 60g Sweet freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 100g nut butter or tahini
- 150g cacao butter or coconut oil*
- 100g dried fruit
- 100g gluten free oats
- 75g mixed seeds
- 40g gluten free rice pops
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp lucuma powder (optional)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Grease and line a rectangular traybake tin approximately 27cm x 20cm.
- Place the Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP, nut butter and coconut oil/cacao butter in a pan. Heat gently until melted.
- Place the remaining dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.
- Pour over the wet mixture and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour to harden.
- Bring to room temperature then cut into bars.
- The bars can be stored in the fridge for a week or can be kept frozen for 1 month.
*You could switch the cacao butter for coconut oil instead but the bars may be a little softer.
Thanks for this lovely recipe christinebailey.co.uk