coconut cinnamon breakfast cake
have this delicious cake ready in under an hour and enjoy a fresh slice for breakfast
- 300g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 200g desiccated coconut
- 170g Sweet Freedom CINNAMON SYRUP
- 220ml coconut milk
- 100g coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Line a cake tin with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, then add the baking powder, baking soda, and desiccated coconut. Mix together.
- Pour in the CINNAMON SYRUP, coconut milk, melted coconut oil, and lemon juice, and stir into a thick batter. Make sure it’s well combined, but be careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake onto a cooling rack.