sweet breakfast couscous
sweet and delicious couscous for a speedy breakfast that’s low in calories and scores high for your health
- 120g dry couscous
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 200ml boiling water
- 1 tsp unsweetened plant based milk
- 1 tbsp plus extra for drizzling Sweet Freedom LIGHT SYRUP or FRUIT SYRUP
- 150g blueberries
- 30g dried apricots, finely chopped
- In a bowl, mix together the couscous and cinnamon.
- Pour over the water and cover.
- Leave to stand for 15 minutes, then fluff up with a fork.
- Tip the couscous into a saucepan with the milk and the Sweet Freedom LIGHT SYRUP or FRUIT SYRUP and put over a medium heat.
- Stir until thickened.
- Divide between 4 bowls and serve topped with the blueberries and apricots.
- Drizzle over Sweet Freedom LIGHT SYRUP or FRUIT SYRUP.