try this deliciously sticky tofu made with our Great Taste Award winning FRUIT SYRUP
- 180g tofu
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP or LIGHT SYRUP
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp water
- Gently break the tofu apart with your hands into bite size chunks, add it to 2 tbsp of cornflour in a bowl and toss until lightly covered.
- Meanwhile heat the sesame oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and then fry the tofu until crispy on all sides.
- Prepare the sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a small jar.
- Pour the sauce over the tofu (enjoy the sizzle!) and reduce the heat to medium-low, then remove the pan from the heat after about 30-60 seconds.
- Garnish with sesame seeds & serve immediately