spiced pumpkin & pecan loaf
autumn never tasted SO good!
- 200g pumpkin puree
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds + 4 tbsp water)
- 8 tbsp Sweet Freedom CARAMEL SYRUP
- 3 tbsp tahini
- juice of 1 orange
- 100g oat flour
- 100g gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 70g pecan pieces plus extra for topping
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom CARAMEL SYRUP
- more pecan pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a loaf tin.
- Place the pumpkin puree, chia eggs, CARAMEL SYRUP, tahini and orange juice in a blender and whizz until smooth.
- Add in the flours, baking powder and spices then whizz again until you have a nice thick batter.
- Stir in the pecan pieces then spoon into the loaf tin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until firm and risen then leave to cool in the tin.
- Pop out onto a board then mix together the tahini and CARAMEL SYRUP, drizzle over the loaf and sprinkle over the pecan pieces.
Thanks for the lovely recipe @SpamellaB