healthy Jammie Dodgers? Yes PLEASE!!!
- 200g raspberries
- 3 tbsp Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp white chia seeds
- 120g almond flour
- 300g gluten-free oat flour
- 80ml Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 120ml melted coconut oil
- To make the jam combine the raspberries, FRUIT SYRUP and the lemon juice in a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a medium high heat and cook, stirring frequently, until the raspberries have broken down.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chia seeds.
- Place the jam in the fridge for 1 hour to thicken.
- To make the cookie dough add the almond flour, oat flour, FRUIT SYRUP and the coconut oil to a bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead until uniform.
- Divide the dough into two, wrap each piece and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and work one piece of dough at a time by rolling the dough to 1/4 inch thick between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut an equal amount of cookies with a shape you desire, such as a heart, star or triangle. Set half aside for the bottom of the cookie.
- With the other half, cut out the middle, again with your chosen shape. This will be the top of your cookie.
- Transfer all the cookies to the lined baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the fridge and bake in the oven for 8-12 minutes, until very slightly browned. Leave to cool completely.
- Add 1 tsp of raspberry jam to each bottom cookie, then gently sandwich all the tops and bottoms together.
- Store in an airtight container at a cool room temperature for up to 24 hours, or in the fridge for several days.