ginger pecan cookies
healthy cookies, easy to make? oh yes...
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 200g ground almonds
- 30g pecans, chopped
- 50g olive oil or cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 160g Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 5. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Sift the baking powder and ground ginger into a large bowl.
- Add the ground almonds and chopped pecans and mix together. Make a well in the centre.
- Pour in the oil and Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP and mix together with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes together.
- Roll a dessertspoonful of the mixture into a ball then lightly press to make a flat biscuit shape. Place on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture, leaving a little space between them on the baking sheets to allow to spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool slightly on the tray then carefully remove with a palette knife and leave them to cool completely on a cooling rack.
Recipe courtesy of Joy Skipper