healthier sponge pud to rival any old-fashioned version...
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 ½ tbsp plant based milk
- 1 tsp + 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp Sweet Freedom CARAMEL SYRUP
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Lightly grease a ramekin dish with the 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Add the plain flour and baking powder to a bowl.
- Add the milk, 2 tbsp CARAMEL SYRUP, and 1 tbsp coconut oil to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well into a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the ramekin and then drizzle the remaining 2 tbsp CARAMEL SYRUP over the batter.
- Pour the 2 tbsp boiling water over the top.
- Cover and microwave for approx 2 minutes (depending on your microwave) until well risen but still spongy on top.
- Leave to cool for a couple of minutes before transferring to a plate.
- Drizzle CARAMEL SYRUP and tuck in!