these yummy vegan waffles are low in calories and big on flavour
- 150ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 30ml melted coconut oil or plant based butter
- 30ml Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP or CARAMEL SYRUP
- 25g rolled oats
- 140g flour (plain, gluten free and oat all work!)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Mix the milk and vinegar together and set aside for about 5 minutes - this will make the vegan buttermilk.
- Add in the FRUIT SYRUP or CARAMEL SYRUP and oil/butter.
In a large bowl, sift the flour, oats and baking powder.
Fold the wet mixture into the dry until combined.
The batter should be thick and scoopable.
Preheat your waffle maker and spoon in the mixture.
- Serve with banana and an extra drizzle of FRUIT SYRUP or CARAMEL SYRUP