Doughnuts with lemon eggs
oohhh... so pretty
- 300g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- zest of 1 orange
- 150g Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 70ml rapeseed oil
- 230ml soya milk
- 120g mixed dried fruit
- 250g cashew nuts
- 100g ground almonds
- 6 medjoul dates
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- desired amount - coconut flakes or flaked almonds
- desired amount - Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP or Sweet Freedom CHOC POT
Step 1 - Doughnuts
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add the zest, oil, milk and Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Finally stir in the dried fruit.
- Spoon into well greased doughnut moulds and bake at 180C for about 10 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Step 2 - Cashew lemon eggs
- Put the cashew nuts and dates in a food processor and whizz until finely chopped.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until well combined and coming together.
- Form into egg shapes with your hands.
Step 3 - Decoration
- Coconut flakes or flaked almonds.
- Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP or Sweet Freedom CHOC POT.
- Spread either Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP or CHOC POT on to a doughnut and then sprinkle on the coconut flakes or flaked almonds.
- You may need to press them on to keep them in place.
- Place some eggs in the middle of the doughnut and garnish with edible flowers (optional).
Thank you Mairi @gingervegan for a delicious recipe.