Christmas chocolate brownies
try these warming ‘melt in the mouth’ Christmas brownies for those chilly afternoons
- 125g plant based butter (melted)
- 4 tbsp Sweet Freedom CHOC SHOT Orange Spice plus extra for drizzling
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sweet Freedom GOLDEN SYRUP (also works great with FRUIT or LIGHT SYRUP)
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds + 4 tbsp water)
- 215g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tin (we used 23cm x 23cm).
- In a large bowl mix the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients and then combine both until you get a smooth textured batter with no lumps.
- Carefully fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Pour batter into your baking tin and spread evenly.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Wait until completely cooled down before slicing.
- Stack artistically and drizzle with more CHOC SHOT Orange Spice.
Thanks for this lovely recipe @throughmyeyes_f