chocolate banoffee pies
mouthwatering… natural goodness
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom CHOC SHOT
- 1 large very ripe banana
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 4 dates (stones removed)
- 1-2 peeled and sliced bananas
- 1 can coconut cream
- desired amount dairy free chocolate
Start with the base, put the pecan nuts, cashews and oats in your food processor and blitz until very finely chopped.
- Add the Sweet Freedom CHOC SHOT and pulse a few times until well combined.
- Divide evenly between the holes in your mince pie tin then using the back of a teaspoon or your fingers (or both!) push the mixture up the sides of the holes until you have little pie cups.
- Place the tin in the freezer for up to an hour to set.
- While they're chilling make the caramel - put the banana, almond butter and dates into a food processor and blitz until very smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary
- Remove the tin from the freezer and gently loosen the pie cups from the tin - once they are loosened keep them in the tin though as it helps them to hold their shape while the caramel sets.
- Spoon the caramel evenly between the cups then chill for 1-2 hours in the fridge.
- Top the caramel with slices of banana – use 2 thick slices per pie.
- Spoon or pipe on the whipped *coconut cream then sprinkle with grated chocolate. *To make coconut cream, chill a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight, open can and scoop out the hard white part and beat until soft and smooth (set aside the watery liquid as perfect in smoothies).
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Thank you Sam and Phil @thecookandhim for a delicious recipe.