enjoy a slice of sweet heaven with this incredibly moist chocolate cake
- 150ml plant based milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 150g vegan butter
- 250g self raising flour
- 150g Sweet Freedom CHOC SHOT
- 25g Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 3tsp baking powder
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- Sweet Freedom CHOC POT
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas mark 4 (350F). Lightly grease an 8 inch cake tin.
- Stir the vinegar into the milk and set aside to thicken and 'curdle' slightly into buttermilk.
- In a pan over a medium heat, melt the vegan butter and stir in the CHOC SHOT and FRUIT SYRUP.
- Set aside to cool.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) into a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the milk and melted mixture over the flour mixture and stir well until it becomes a smooth batter.
- Pour this final mixture into the tin and bake for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the cake is completely cold, ice liberally with CHOC POT!