caramel and fig banana bread
bake up a storm and enjoy natures sweetness in a moist banana bread form
- 200g wholewheat buckwheat flour (or plain / wholemeal flour)
- 110g dried figs, chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 160ml unsweetened plant milk
- 30g Sweet Freedom CARAMEL SYRUP
- 2 bananas, mashed
- pinch of salt
- for drizzling Sweet Freedom CARAMEL SYRUP
- 3 fresh figs
- for sprinkling pomegranates
- optional dried raspberries
- Pre heat the oven to 170C and prepare a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder & soda plus the chopped figs.
- Mash up the bananas and add into the flour mix, then add milk and stir to form a sticky, runny mixture.
- Add in the CARAMEL SYRUP, salt and give it one last stir.
- Pour into your loaf tin and bake in the oven for 30 mins.
- Put a knife into the centre and if it comes out clean it’s done.
- Once cool, pop the loaf out of the tin onto a plate and drizzle CARAMEL SYRUP over the top.
- Neatly arrange the figs, pomegranates and any other optional toppings.
Thanks for this lovely recipe @wholesomeambs