better for you bread pudding...
- 1 can coconut milk
- 100g Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP or LIGHT SYRUP
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 200ml non-dairy milk, chilled
- 3 pieces wholemeal bread, torn
- 1 chia egg (3 tbsp water + 1 tbsp chia seeds
- for drizzling Sweet Freedom CHOC SHOT
- Preheat the oven to 180C and lightly oil a 9 x 9 inch baking dish.
- To make a chia egg simply mix 1 tbsp chia seeds with 3 tbsp water in a small bowl and leave for 5 mins to thicken.
- Arrange the bread pieces in the baking dish.
- Whisk the coconut milk, chia egg, FRUIT SYRUP or LIGHT SYRUP and cinnamon in a pan.
- Place the pan over a medium heat and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- While the coconut milk mixture heats up, stir the chilled non-dairy milk and cornstarch together in a small bowl until the cornstarch dissolves completely.
- Once the coconut milk mixture comes to a simmer, whisk in the cornstarch and milk.
- Bring the mixture back up to a simmer and allow it to cook, whisking frequently for 1-2 minutes until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat and pour the mixture over the bread pieces.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned on top.
- Remove the pudding from the oven and serve with a drizzle of CHOC SHOT, strawberries and yogurt.