banana chia seed pancakes
sweet & healthy treat...
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1/3 cup wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium (ripe and spotty) banana
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp coconut oil for the pan
- for drizzling Sweet Freedom CHOC SHOT
- choice of toppings fresh strawberries, blueberries, coconut chips
- Add all the ingredients (apart from the oil and Sweet Freedom CHOC SHOT) to your food processor and blend until fully combined, or whisk together.
- Leave the mix to settle for about half an hour in the fridge.
- Heat a non-stick pan with a bit of coconut oil.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of the batter to the heated pan and form into small pancakes.
- Once the batter starts to bubble and looks cooked through on the side facing you, it's time to turn it over (or flip if you're feeling confident!)
- Cook until browned and keep warm in the oven on an oven safe dish while you're waiting for the remaining pancakes to cook.
- Serve with strawberries, Sweet Freedom CHOC SHOT, blueberries, coconut chips or whatever you feel like... and enjoy.
Thank you Jen @positivelyjen for a delicious recipe.