baked rice pudding
A warming feel good treat for a rainy day…
- 3 cups (750ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup (75g) Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (100g) arborio risotto rice
- 1 knob of dairy free spread
- 1 orange - segmented
- 4 plums - stones removed and thickly sliced
- 6 strawberries - stalks removed halved and quartered (if large)
- 1 nectarine - stone removed and thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- Preheat your oven to 160C. A large baking dish will be required.
- Brush the dairy free spread around the inside of your baking dish and set aside.
- In a bowl or jug whisk together the almond milk, Sweet Freedom Fruit Syrup, nutmeg and vanilla then pour into buttered dish.
- Sprinkle in the rice and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Carefully take the dish out of the oven, give the rice a good stir then place back in the oven for another 45 minutes.
- About 30 minutes before the rice is finished cooking prepare the fruit then place into a small frying pan along with the Sweet Freedom Fruit Syrup
- Cook gently over a low heat until fruit starting to soften and warmed through, stirring or tossing occasionally (careful not to mash fruit).
- When the rice is cooked spoon into serving bowls and top with the warm fruit.
Thank you Sam and Phil @thecookandhim for a delicious recipe.