turmeric ginger cookies
... gloriously spicy
- 250g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 200g oats
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 4 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 tbsp ground flax seed
- 3 tbsp water
- 110 ml rapeseed oil
- 120g Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 70 ml hemp milk (or your favourite plant milk)
- First mix the flax seed with the water and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, oats, salt and spices. Make a well in the middle and add in the flax seed mixture, oil, Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP and milk.
- Mix together well.
- Take heaped tablespoons of the mixture and, with wet hands, form into balls.
- Press to flatten into a cookie shape and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 180C for about 15 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Thank you Mairi @gingervegan for a delicious recipe.