crumble top cake
have your cake and eat it...
- 3 tbsp ground flax seed
- 6 tbsp water
- 100g ground hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 250g wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150ml rapeseed oil
- 125g Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 150ml almond milk
- 4 tbsp Sweet Freedom CHOC POT
- 80g hazelnuts
- 80g oats
- 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
Step 1 - the cake
- To make the cake first combine the flax seed and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl stir together the hazelnuts, flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Make a well in the middle, add the rapeseed oil, Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP, almond milk and flax seed mixture and mix well.
- Spoon into a lined 20cm square cake tin.
Step 2 - the topping
- For the crumble topping whizz, the hazelnuts up in a food processor then add the oats, Sweet Freedom Fruit Syrup, rapeseed oil and whizz again until combined.
- Spread the Sweet Freedom CHOC POT on top of the cake mixture and then sprinkle the crumble topping over the top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for about 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.