indulge in this classic tiramisu with halo intact... free from eggs, dairy, and refined sugar
- 200g whole wheat flour or your choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 80g light plant based butter, melted
- 250g Sweet Freedom GOLDEN SYRUP
- 150ml plant based milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- plant based yoghurt, cream or soft cheese
- Sweet Freedom CHOC SHOT Coffee
- To make sponge layer, preheat oven to 180C.
- Line a standard baking sheet with parchment paper and spray it with coconut oil spray or non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl sift together all dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Combine wet with dry and mix well.
- Pour the batter on the baking sheet and make sure level.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and leave to cool.
- Using a cup or cookie cutter, cut out circles in the cake and press into the bottom of your glass.
- Layer with yoghurt / cream or soft cheese and then a layer of CHOC SHOT Coffee.
- Repeat until each glass is full.