sweet potato loaf cake
move over bananas... there's a new yummy cake-veg in town
- 150g oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 50g ground almonds
- 100g Sweet Freedom CARAMEL SYRUP
- 130g sweet potato mash, (bake in skin until soft, scoop out of skin, and mash)
- 150ml plant-based milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C, and line your loaf tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, flaxseed, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground almonds and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the CARAMEL SYRUP, mashed sweet potato, and milk.
- Fold the dry ingredients into wet and mix until most lumps are eliminated.
- Spread into the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow the tin to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool, turn out of tin and slice!