single serving apple crumble
classic comfort food at its best but with a healthy twist
- 1/2 an apple chopped
- 1 tbsp Sweet Freedom CINNAMON SYRUP
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tsp Sweet Freedom CINNAMON SYRUP
- vegan vanilla custard for serving (find on our recipe page)
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- In a small bowl coat the apple in the CINNAMON SYRUP and lemon juice.
- Add chopped apple to a lightly greased bowl or ramekin.
- Take your apple mixture and microwave on high for one - two minutes to soften (this speeds up the cooking time but if no microwave, bake for an extra 10 minutes).
- In a separate bowl, add the oats, non-dairy butter and CINNAMON SYRUP and mix it all together with your fingers until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Put the oat mixture on top of the apples.
- Bake for approximately 6 - 10 minutes or until the highest peaks of the crumble start to turn a light brown colour.
- Serve with custard and an extra drizzle of CINNAMON SYRUP