- 230g vegan butter
- 220g Sweet Freedom CINNAMON SYRUP
- 450g plain or gluten free flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 250g vegan cream cheese
- ground cinnamon to dust
1. Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas mark 5.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the butter until softened and creamy and add the CINNAMON SYRUP and mix again to combine.
4. Add the flour and ground cinnamon and stir.
5. Once combined, bring the dough together with your hands to form a ball.
6. On a floured surface, roll out the dough to around 1/4 inch thickness.
7. Cut out your biscuits using a maple leaf cookie cutter (or any shape cutter you have) plus smaller cutter for centres and carefully transfer them to the lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and whilst they're still warm cut a smaller leaf shape out of the centre of only half of the biscuits and leave the others whole.
9. Transfer all of the biscuits to a cooling rack.
10. Once cool, spread the cream cheese onto the base biscuits, gently dust with some cinnamon and top with the biscuits with the cut outs to make a gorgeous leafy sandwich!
Thanks for the lovely recipe @dancbakes