enjoy flapjacks the lighter way with these extra low in calories but super satisfying little beauties
- 115g Sweet Freedom LIGHT SYRUP
- 115g plant based butter
- 180g porridge oats
- Line a 9″ square pan with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 180C.
- Heat the butter and LIGHT SYRUP gently in a large saucepan until thoroughly melted.
- Take off the heat and add most of the oats, coating well, then stir in the rest (reserving some if the mixture looks too dry) so you have oats that are equally coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly to fill the tin, pressing with a spatula to ensure the top is level.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before slicing.