double chocolate loaf cake
an indulgent chocolatey loaf cake perfect for satisfying that chocolate hit we all love but with halo intact
- 150g unsweetened apple sauce / apple puree
- 50g plant based milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 60g melted plant based butter
- 80g Sweet Freedom CHOC SHOT
- 250g wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250g plant based yoghurt
- 30g CHOC SHOT
- 30g plant based milk
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Line a loaf tin.
- In a glass, combine the plant based milk and vinegar. Set aside to curdle.
- In a large bowl combine the apple sauce, butter, and CHOC SHOT.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mix well then pour into your loaf tin.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes, or until well risen, a knife comes out clean and golden on top.
- Cool completely before removing it from the tin.
- Once cool, combine the yoghurt and CHOC SHOT, and slowly add in the milk to thin.
- Pour over the cake and finish with an extra drizzle of CHOC SHOT.