creamy quinoa porridge
with these chilly mornings, this is top of our breakfast list!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1-2 cups plant milk of choice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 tsp Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- Place the quinoa into a small saucepan with one cup of milk, the water, the cinnamon stick and the other spices if using. Whisk until combined.
- Over a low to medium heat, cook the quinoa until it comes to a low boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, with the saucepan lid on until most of the liquid has absorbed and the quinoa is soft (roughly 20 minutes), adding more milk or more water as desired.
- If you like it a bit creamier, add another half to one cup of milk during cooking.
- When cooked, allow to stand for a few minutes before stirring in the FRUIT SYRUP. Add a splash more milk, if desired, then stir and top with your favourite toppings!