coffee banana bread muffins
a low fat treat perfect for breakfast and beyond
- 180g buckwheat flour (or flour of your choice)
- 4 ripe bananas
- 240ml plant based milk
- 170g Sweet Freedom GOLDEN SYRUP
- 3 tbsp instant coffee
- 50g melted coconut oil (optional for a more dense bread)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 190C and grease a muffin tin.
- Peel 3 bananas and mash in a bowl until smooth.
- Add milk, Sweet Freedom GOLDEN SYRUP, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil (optional) and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl add dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Add the wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into your muffin mould.
- Slice the remaining banana and place on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 min or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Thanks for this lovely recipe @thefitstitch