whip up this delicious vegan carrot cake for the perfect tea time treat
- 60g coconut oil
- 200ml plant based milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, or apple cider vinegar
- 8 tbsp Sweet Freedom CARAMEL SYRUP
- 100g carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 150g ground walnuts or almonds
- 150g self raising flour
- 2 heaped tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- Frylight Coconut Oil Cooking Spray (for greasing)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the coconut oil in a large bowl and melt over a saucepan of boiling water or in the microwave.
- Once melted, add the milk to the same bowl along with the lemon juice - set aside to curdle for ten minutes.
- Add in the CARAMEL SYRUP, grated carrot, desiccated coconut and ground walnuts.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Mix well, adding a tiny splash more milk if it's looking too dry.
- Spray the inside of your baking tin all over with Frylight Coconut Oil Cooking Spray to grease the edges.
- Pour the mixture into the tin.
- Bake in oven for 30 - 35 minutes until golden brown and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Once out of the oven, immediately remove the cake from the baking tin and transfer onto a wire rack to cool.