cinnamon sweet potato cake
for breakfast or snacking this scrumptious cake is perfect at anytime
- 180g plain/all-purpose (gluten-free) flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarb/baking soda
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax seed + 4 tbsp water)
- 200g mashed sweet potato (simply roast your sweet potato until soft, and scoop out of the skin)
- 60ml plant milk
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 120ml Sweet Freedom CINNAMON SYRUP
- 200g plant based cream cheese or thick yoghurt
- 4 tbsp Sweet Freedom CINNAMON SYRUP
- chopped walnuts, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Grease a loaf tin.
- Make flax egg: mix ground flax seeds with 4 tablespoons of water. Let it sit for a few minutes until it’s thickened.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the sweet potato, oil, milk, and CINNAMON SYRUP, stir until well-combined.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 45-50 minutes. The cake is baked, when the top springs back when touched, or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cooled, mix the CINNAMON SYRUP into the cream cheese or yogurt and ice the cake.
- Top with walnuts and enjoy.