cinnamon almond cake
this soft and fluffy almond cake is perfect for those chilly days with the warming taste of cinnamon
- 60g coconut oil
- 200ml unsweetened plant based milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 tbsp Sweet Freedom CINNAMON SYRUP
- 150g ground almonds
- 150g flour (plain or gluten-free blends both work!)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- optional: chopped nuts for topping
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the coconut oil in a large bowl and melt.
- Once melted, add the milk to the same bowl along with the lemon juice, CINNAMON SYRUP, and ground almonds.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and bicarbonate of soda.
- Mix well, adding a tiny splash more milk if it’s looking too dry.
- Transfer mixture to your prepared tin.
- Bake in oven for around 25-30 minutes, or until risen and a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave for 5-10 mins then turn the cake out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Serve sprinkled with your favourite chopped nuts.