- 125g almonds
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 80g raisins
- 2 Medjool dates
- 1/2 tbsp Sweet Freedom CHOC POT and extra CHOC POT to serve
- 150g cashew nuts, soaked overnight
- 110g vegan cream cheese
- zest of one orange
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 3 tbsp Sweet Freedom CHOC POT
- 1 tbsp Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- For the base whizz up the almonds and cocoa powder in a food processor until finely ground.
- Next add the raisins and dates and process again until finely chopped.
- Finally add the CHOC POT and process again. If you squeeze some mixture between your fingers it should hold together. If not then add a little more CHOC POT.
- Press the mixture into four 6cm diameter ring moulds. I sit mine on a piece of baking paper on a small tray so they can be transferred to the freezer easily.
- Make some balls with any remaining mixture either to eat as a power snack or to decorate your cheesecakes.
- To make the filling put all the ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You may have to scrape down the sides a few times to help it blend everything smoothly.
- Spoon over the bases in your moulds and level the tops.
- Transfer to the freezer and freeze for about 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- To remove your cheesecakes from the moulds run the sides of the moulds under warm water being careful not to get the top of the cheesecake wet. Then you should be able to push them out from the bottom.
- Spread a layer of CHOC POT on the top of each cheesecake and decorate with orange slices and balls made from the base mixture. Leave for 10-15 minutes to soften before eating.
Tip: You can use cupcake cases instead of ring moulds.
Tip: If you have forgotten to soak the cashew nuts overnight you can speed soak them for 30 mins in boiling water.
Thank you Mairi @gingervegan for this delicious recipe