carrot cake muffins
heaven with a cosy cuppa
- 100g oat flour, sifted (whizz porridge oats in a blender)
- 140g almond flour (ground almonds)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp flaxseed (optional)
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 180ml plant milk of choice
- 50g light plant based butter
- 170g Sweet Freedom CINNAMON SYRUP
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Lightly grease a muffin tray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the butter, CINNAMON SYRUP, plant milk, apple cider vinegar, flaxseed and mix well, then fold in the grated carrot.
- Now add the oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon and mix all together well (if the batter is too thick, add a little more plant milk).
- Pour the carrot cake batter into the muffin tray moulds and bake for 25-35 minutes, until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.