banana ice cream with toffee hazelnut ripple
Awesome nice cream...
- 125g cashew nuts
- 125ml water
- 25g Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 250g bananas (skinned weight)
- 50g Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 25g chopped, toasted walnuts
- Ice cream: blend together the cashew nuts and water until very smooth and creamy making a 'cashew cream'. Take out 25g and put in a pan with the Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP for the toffee sauce. Place the remainder in the fridge and leave to chill.
- Toffee sauce: bring the cashew cream and Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP in the pan up to the boil stirring, until it turns into a thick syrup. Take off the heat and stir in the water and vanilla extract. Leave to cool and set aside until after the ice cream has been made up.
- Ice cream (cont.): when the cashew cream is cold, blend in the Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP and bananas, then pour into an ice cream machine and churn until frozen. Spoon into a freezer container, drizzling the cooled toffee sauce and scattering hazelnuts in between each layer. Top with toffee sauce and more hazelnuts.
- Freeze until required. Take the ice cream out of the freezer a little while before serving to allow it to soften slightly.