baked oat meal bars
the ideal healthy bar, choc full of better-for-you ingredients and SO delicious!
- 300g rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 420ml milk of choice
- 85g Sweet Freedom CHOC SHOT
- 50g seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease an 8 x 8″ or 9 x 9″ pan with coconut oil or a neutral oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder and seeds (if using).
- Mash the bananas in a separate bowl, then whisk in the milk and CHOC SHOT.
- Drizzle the milk mixture over the dry ingredients.
Stir lightly with a fork to make everything gets evenly incorporated.
- Pour into your prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until the top is nicely golden and the oat mixture has set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes (or more for the texture to fully set).
- Cut into 6 bars.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 1 week.