apple and berry cornflake crumble
experience the mouthwatering crunch of this vegan sweet crumple
- 500g apples
- 300g any berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1tsp mixed spice
- 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 150g no added sugar cornflakes
- 50g coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom Fruit Syrup*
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C.
- Peel & core the apples & cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Add the apples to a pan with the FRUIT SYRUP and a dash of water and cook down for 5 minutes.
- Add the berries & stir well, take off the heat & pour the mix into a baking dish.
- Melt the coconut oil gently in the microwave & add to a large bowl with the cornflakes, FRUIT SYRUP and coconut.
- Scrunch together with your hands until combined and the cornflakes are broken up then add the on top of the fruit mix.
- Bake for 25 - 30 mins until golden & the fruit is bubbling.
- Cool & serve!
Thanks for this lovely recipe @thedairyfreemum.