- 200g flour (your choice)*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 230ml plant based milk or water
- 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- extra coconut oil for frying
- If you have a blender, put all the ingredients in at once and pulse until smooth. If not, just mix all the dry ingredients together then beat in the milk/water, Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP and oil.
- Heat the coconut oil in your pan, then drop the batter into the hot pan to your preferred size, the batter is quite thick so you may need to spread it out a bit with a spoon.
- Keep an eye out for bubbles on the top, that's usually when it's time to flip. The second side is much quicker so watch carefully!
- Keep warm in a stack in a low oven until you've finished cooking the rest of the pancakes and used up all the batter.
- Serve warm topped with fresh fruit and a drizzle of Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP OR CHOC SHOT liquid chocolate. These pancakes reheat well, so make ahead of time, then pop into a warm oven or a hot pan.
*depending on the flour you choose you may need to use a little more or less liquid - for example, coconut flour absorbs more liquid than almond flour.