vegan chocolate & cherry cake
fabulous chocolate & cherry cake with Sweet Freedom CHOC SHOT
- 150g plant based yoghurt
- 240g plant based milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 60g light olive oil
- 160g Sweet Freedom CHOC SHOT
- 360g self raising flour (wholemeal or white)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g cherries, pitted and sliced
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Line a round cake tin (24 cm)
- In a bowl, combine the plant based milk and vinegar. Set aside to curdle.
- Mix in the yoghurt, oil and CHOC SHOT.
- Sift in the dry ingredients (excluding the cherries), gently mix until just combined well then pour into your tin.
- Top the mixture with the cherries, and gently press them in.
- Bake for approx. 40 - 45 minutes, or until well risen, a knife comes out clean and golden on top.
- Cool completely before removing it from the tin.
- Once cool, slice and serve with an extra drizzle of CHOC SHOT